Thursday, September 24, 2009

Walking 101

We're walking! And we never stop! The boys started walking about a month ago. And those 30 days have been full speed ahead. It seems they only have two settings: "on" and "off." There is no middle speed. The "off" setting occurs when they are in their cribs, strapped into their high chairs, or when one bumps into the other (which is quite often).


My vocabulary consists of consoling and congratulating the whole day through! "You did it! Yeay!" or "I'm so proud of you!" On the other hand, I do spend a lot of time saying things like: "I'm sorry you bumped your head on brother, but I don't think he meant to plow you over" or "I know brother walked over your back and head, but I'm not sure he knew you were sitting there." It seems our day is a series of near misses and collisions. :)


I stopped following them around long ago. Because inevitably they always go in the opposite directions. You can see from the photos below that they circle the house through the kitchen. Usually running into each other around corners.

6 comments:

bhmoore said...

LUVing the new blog design! Seriously, the countdown is on for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Love the way you designed your blog, clean and simple, so fun that my doodles came to use. Thanks for letting me see it! And your twins are the cutest:)

Anonymous said...

Oh too cute! Love the new design!
-Amanda
p.s. - Are you SURE your sure you want to paint the dining room? I do like the yellow.

Anonymous said...

Look at those walking boys!!!!! Wow!!! I bet it is non-stop action all day long. Love your new blog design. Looks great. I can't wait for you to meet Mabel. She is a really good baby and even lets me sleep 4-5 hours at a time each night. Will y'all be coming to this neck of the woods for any of the upcoming holidays? If so, let's plan a play date. :)
Love, britt

Rachael and Chris said...

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: THEY ARE TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!
(And I love your home by the way...just lovely!)

Douglass said...

you are probably in the best shape of your life chasing the boys around! so fun that they have each other to play with! poor b was walking around with ella's purse yesterday...should i be worried?